The past three days have been a whirlwind of activity!
Friday I went with a friend from church to MOPS over at Bear Creek Baptist and met the sister in law of a friend of Rolands and two women from close to where I grew up. Our table was the "it's a small world after all" table. We had fun talking and making tile coasters. Lucas had fun in the one year olds room and was knackered when we got home. I spent the rest of day cooking a couple weeks of food for Lucas and sweet potato brownies for Saturday.
Saturday morning we drove down to Santa Fe to visit with Rolands Garza relatives. His aunt and uncle, three of their children and their little ones were all together to visit. Lucas got to meet some if his cousins and I got to see some family member I hadn't met yet. I brought sweet potato brownies for the health conscious and they were awesome. We ate, visited, and played with the kids. We left at two so we could get to a childs birthday party in Katy. We enjoyed visiting with a few people we hadn't seen in awhile and Lucas wore himself out playing. Needless to say, when we got home at eight Lucas was ready for his bed :)
Sunday after a great church service and a quiet afternoon, we babysat a coworker of Rolands, 10 month old baby boy. It went well, until I picked up and fed the baby; Lucas got a bit jealous. Otherwise they played well together and Lucas behaved better than expected :) The only downer of that day was my back molar cracking and a quarter of it breaking off :/ I was hoping to avoid my first crown for a little longer. At least we have great dental insurance to cover this.
we will take a break for sure next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment