Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bring it!

Since having our little man, we haven't been able to do some things we used to together anymore. One of the big things we always did was workout at our apartment complexes gym twice a week and cycle 15-20 miles on Saturdays. When I was unemployed for six months in 2009, I started experimenting with Yoga, Pilates and weight training DVDS/videos (yes we still have a VHS player) from the library. Roland wasn't too interested since most of these workouts are geared towards women. I slacked off when we bought a house in 2010 and got busy. When I git pregnant I worked out moderately, ate well, and practiced prenatal yoga. Roland still went to the gym twice a week sans moi and sometimes cycled with a work friend.

Fast forward to 2012. I have rededicated myself to a better diet and workout regimen, so I can model healthy habits for Lucas and to help deal with a thyroid problem. Roland mostly works in the office now, but has been bored with the gym and going alone. Since we can't go to gym together anymore we decided to borrow the P90X workout program from a friend. We can do it together mostly ( my bad knee won't tolerate Plyometrics or CardioX) and we both get into better shape. We are on week two and going strong. It's been nice to get healthy together again. I'm cooking better, we are exercising, taking supplements and drinking lot of water.

This has inspired some internal house cleaning too. I shut down the drama makers in my life and am realizing a healthy fit outer self will can not make up for a weak and sickly inner self. Just as I have committed to strengthening the outer person to better health, I need to take care of the inner person too. Prayer, Bible reading and watching whats running through my head is just as important more important than any exterior fitness regimen :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is so easy to fall out of good habits, but so easy to fall back into bad ones! Love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete