I've learned a few natural ways to deal with some of my baby's rashes and I thought I'd share.
Severe teething rash under the chin: Make a cup of chamomile tea; let it cool. Dip a cloth in the tea and bathe the rash several times a day. Within 24 hours you should see the redness go away. It helps to use baby aquaphor as a barrier against the drool that can contribute to the rash.
I haven't tried this one, but supposedly hazelwood necklaces can help with teething and constipation. The high alkalinity of the wood is supposed to draw the excessive acidity out of the baby.
Yeast diaper rash: 1 1/3 cup distilled water, 1 Tbs baby wash, 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, and 2 tbs of lavender, almond, coconut or olive oil. You can put it in a spray bottle or in a empty wipes container. I use it for everyday along with cloth diapers and he doesn't get rashes :)

No comments:
Post a Comment