Our little guy is making making some big changes now that he is 9 months old. I expect the next 3 months to be full of big developmental changes :)
Lately he has been throwing temper tantrums when I put him to bed. He arches his back and throws himself around the crib/playpen and screams for about 5 - 10 minutes. I've heard that about this age is when they do that. I suspect he doesn't want to miss anything or he's not ready to quit exploring, even for a much needed nap. So far all I can do is walk away. If I come back to check on him, it just prolongs the fit. He invariably falls asleep after his tantrum and wakes in a much better mood :)
He has been trying to explore more and pull himself up onto his feet by grabbing the coffee table or the edge of the bathtub. He actually did get onto his feet in the tub a week ago, but hasn't done it again yet. Everything fascinates him. He loves opening and closing cabinets; he seems not the least bit interested in the contents of the cabinets - LOL. I gave him a sealed glass jar with small metal buttons in it and he loved rolling it and shaking it. He's also learning to roll and throw balls, find toys that are hidden under a blanket, turn cardboard pages, sort through a box of toys, and get up on his hands and knees (no crawling yet).
He is has a temper when I won't let him have something or go somewhere. He works very hard to get at anything electronic or noisy; if you get in his way or block his view he will try to push you or your hand/arm out of the way :) Already there are signs of his having a toddlers view of possession - "if you have itand I want it, it's mine."
He seems to be developing a little shyness around strangers and some very mild separation anxiety. But so far it hasn't been too dramatic. As long as we act like nothing is wrong he'll relax and be his usual happy, extroverted and charming little self :) He still loves to go to nursery and chat everybody up, but has just a little bit of wariness around men. He'll probably outgrow it.
Too soon he will be a toddler and then a child. I was looking back on his pictures and it is hard to believe how far he has come. He was so small at birth
Time flies so fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment