Monday, June 11, 2012

Tendonitis

After a couple weeks of horrible shoulder pain I finally made an appointment with an orthopedist. Since I have a high pain tolerance, that amount of pain was in made me think I had torn my rotator cuff. After wearing a sling, icing for four days every two hours and then applying heat treatments the swelling went down enough that I began to think it wasn't as serious. The nurse diagnosed it as tendonitis. He gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory medication (I declined the cortisone shot) and told me to get lots of rest and ice it.
Not being an athlete or of age (32) for this I was surprised. I really was hoping for bursitis. I hate sitting around and resting, but I'll have to if I want to be back to business as usual this fall. Just time to prioritize and make some adjustments to my activities. Maybe Lucas will even start walking soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment