He who garden, works hand in hand with God
I wouldn't call myself an avid gardener, but since we purchased our home in 2010, I have found I enjoy gardening and yard work. I would rather work outside all morning than do dishes or clean bathrooms.
I feel like gardening is an act of faith. I plant, water and fertilize in hopes of what will come in the spring and summer. I weed to keep my plants from being choked out and I prune so that the trees, shrubs and plants can focus on producing rather than on spending energies on extraneous limbs. Our lives are like that. Emotions, thoughts and attitudes are like weeds. If not plucked out they can take over the garden of our lives and choke out the good things. And sometimes we have to prune our lives to so that we can spend our time and energies on things that are of lasting importance. Pruning also removes the crowding and lets in the life giving light and fresh air our plants and lives need :)
No comments:
Post a Comment